Sunday 30 November 2008

Ward agonisingly close to qualification


Britain's Alex Ward was denied a place in the main draw of his first of three tournaments in the Carribean after he suffered a straight sets defeat in the final qualifying round of the Dminican Republic Futures event.

Ward had been in impressive form throughout the qualifying campaign as he reached the final round for the loss of just games seven games, but the 18 year old went on to lose 6-3 6-3 German Cedric-Marcel Stebe at the final hurdle.

Ward admitted he was outclassed by the seventh seed, but remained upbeat going into the next two tournaments, "Stebe played a good match and outclassed me but i still feel i am in good form and I am looking forward to the next tournament."

The Brit spoke to me about the importance of this experience and how it will benefit him in the future, "This is new for me, i am travelling without my coach and it is a good learning curve for me, this expereience is valuable for me and i am enjoying it."

Ward will be looking to qualify for the F3 Futures event in the Domincan Republic this week as he looks to amass some more ranking points at the end of 2008.

1 comment:

ashlea4121 said...

Good article, well written keep up the good work!